Doctors For Nepal is a registered UK charity that aims to improve healthcare in rural Nepal by providing scholarships to under-privileged medical and nursing students. They then return to their communities to provide desperately needed medical care.
Doctors for Nepal improves healthcare in rural Nepal by empowering impoverished students to serve as doctors or nurses in their isolated rural communities. We do this by:
- Providing medical school and nursing college scholarships for impoverished Nepalese students
- Providing our medical students with books and equipment
- Supporting our doctors and nurses while working in isolated rural Nepal after graduation
- Funding further training for the DFN doctors
- Supporting rural healthcare projects
- Facilitating electives in Nepal for UK medical students